Monday, February 9, 2015

#1 Attend A Pittsburgh Steelers Game Part IV: 3 Rivers Run Through It

"When you've got something to prove, there's nothing greater than a challenge." - Terry Bradshaw

Where the 3 Rivers meet, so shall we.
"Time....flies....by. They all sing along. Come a little closer then you'll see. Come on! Come on! Come on!"

Nature Girls

The morning is still young. So much yet to see, do and experience, but us nature loving gals also want to rest for a moment to admire and bask along the stunning and breathtaking waters of the 3 rivers that meet in Pittsburgh. Those rivers being the Allegheny, the Monongahela and the Ohio. Both Becky and I love being by the water. There is something so serene and healing about being near a body of water for me. And I must say, Pittsburgh's riverfront is absolutely beautiful. You can tell it is a pride point of this big city that has a small town feel. I love that about the 'Burgh! They keep it very clean too, unlike Baltimore's harbor. (Ravens jab. LOL)

Pittsburgh riverfront
Where the 3 rivers meet. 
Pittsburgh riverfront
The Allegheny, The Ohio, The Monongahela

As Becky and I chat and people watch and soak in the vitamin D the sun is very abundantly providing , I realize I am starting to sweat in my jersey a little. I am glad I decided to leave my hoodie at the hotel. We remain along the river for a good twenty minutes enjoying the calm before the perfect storm....which would be me, in Heinz Field. Finally Becky looks at me and says "Are you ready kid?"

We walk towards the entrance of Heinz Field. I am so glad Becky is with me because my head is so far in the clouds that she guides me to so many fun opportunities I would have missed being dazed and confused. For instance, she points out that for $5 I can get a nifty clear plastic Steelers purse to replace my ugly, crumpled ziploc bag. If I want to spend an extra $3, I can get a book about the Steelers included with my purse. Well of course I want the book. $8? What a bargain! Sold....to me!

As I dump all my necessities including hand sanitizer, tissues, lipstick, my wallet and the tickets into my new Steelers bag, Becky points to a perfect photo opportunity. There is a giant Steelers balloon man standing in the grass by the entrance to Heinz Field. We walk over and wait patiently as a man takes a picture of his woman. We offer to take a pic of the both of them. They return the favor and take a pic of both of us.

Me and the Big Boy #00


Becky and Me! 

I am so glad we came early. It was crowded but roomy right now. There weren't any really long waits for anything.  Becky warned that by noon, this place would be a zoo. Boy, she was not kidding, but for now, we were able to enjoy and take in all that is the greatness of the Pittsburgh Steelers. I tell her I can't wait to see the Lombardi's. I tell her I hope they have them on display. She laughs. She then points me to a "You are here" sign for another photo opportunity. I almost burst into tears again. She is making this so wonderful for me. She really knows me, knows what is important to me, and directs me to everything patiently.

Look at me! I am here.....
Now I'm here! 
We walk along the fence that will eventually lead to the opening into Heinz Field. I stop and buy decals to wear on my face for the game. I forget to wear them. I am still in awe that I am here. Still in awe that I am about to see my boys play live. I had been so bummed about missing Bettis, Harrison and Hines play live. I could not bear the thought of not witnessing Troy play live. Nor Big Ben. Nor AB. Who knew I would also witness what become the entity known as Le'Veon Bell and his breakout year to come. Ben also smashed a few records of his own. We all know it was because I finally made my presence known at Heinz Field. I take full credit. LOL! Just kidding. Or am I?

As we come to the opening of the fence that leads into Heinz Field Becky looks at me and says " Are you ready?"

I smile a big smile at her and say "Yes."

I have never been more ready for anything in my life.

I am about to enter the mothership also known as Heinz Field, which stands near the hallow ground that was once Three Rivers Stadium. The time has come......

Heinz Field
Heinz Field

The Comeback Story Of A Lifetime!!

Chrissy


Come a little closer than you'll see. 

The Free Spirit Bucket List Football Weekend Series

#1 Attend A Pittsburgh Steelers Game Part I: Prelude

#1 Attend A Pittsburgh Steelers Game Part II: The Morning of the Big Day

#1 Attend A Pittsburgh Steelers Game Part III: You Are Now In Steelers

#1 Attend A Pittsburgh Steelers Game Part IV: 3 Rivers Run Through It

#1 Attend A Pittsburgh Steelers Game Part V: The Mothership

#1 Attend A Pittsburgh Steelers Game Part VI: May The Lombardi Be With You

#1 Attend A Pittsburgh Steelers Game Part VII: Under The Bleachers 

#1 Attend A Pittsburgh Steelers Game Part VIII: Pre-Gaming It

#1 Attend A Pittsburgh Steelers Game Part IX: Game Time

#1 Attend A Pittsburgh Steelers Game Part X: Game Over

Total Pageviews

Ciao!