Saturday, April 29, 2017

#292 Go To The Top Of The CN Tower In Toronto


CN Tower and Toronto Skyline from Lake Ontario.  Not my pic but whoever took it, it's stunning.

Back in 1990, the high school band and bandfront took a trip to Niagara Falls and Toronto. One of the coolest attractions we were able to experience in Toronto was the famous CN Tower. At the time of my visit, it was the world's tallest tower. As of 2017, it is the 3rd largest tower in the world.

And while we are talking about Toronto, I must say, the parts of the city that we did visit were very clean and attractive. Does anyone litter in Toronto? Because I seriously did not see once scrap of garbage or litter anywhere. It was a clean, vibrant, architecturally beautiful city.

360 Restaurant
The jewel of Toronto, The CN Tower was breathtaking and dauntingly tall. Our group had reservations to dine at the 360 Restaurant in the tower. Since we were a large group, we had to take turns riding the very clean, very nice express elevators up to the restaurant.

Our journey was 1151 feet upwards so understandably, some of our party was already dining by the time my group made it to the top. Don't even ask me how the food tasted or what I ate though. I cannot recall any of my culinary experience other than I am thinking I had a beef dish. It is rare I forget a meal but in this instance, there were more outstanding attributes to this restaurant than the food itself.

  • The restaurants outer walls are made of glass panes and steel.
  • The restaurant rotates 360 Degrees, aka the name, to give it's dinners a complete view of the city of Toronto.
  • Lake Ontario is huge!
  • Toronto has a stunning skyline. I think I spent the brunt of my meal staring out the window, watching the sun set over this elegant city.
  • At the time of my visit, they were building the new stadium for the Blue Jays. It was neat to stare down and see the construction.  

 
View of nighttime Toronto from 360 Restaurant.

I would highly recommend the CN Tower as a point of interest for anyone visiting Toronto. Even if you do not dine at the restaurant, there are several observation decks including one with a glass floor. I wish I still had the pictures I had taken from the restaurant but after several moves and 27 years, unfortunately they are gone forever. I will say, our neighbor Canada is a very nice country and everyone I met during my visit was very friendly. It is definitely a little more expensive than the US but still worth a visit in my book.

My Other Canadian adventure:

#216 See Niagara Falls


Chrissy




Total Pageviews

Ciao!